North Carolina Dance Alliance (NCDA) is the nonprofit state service organization established in 1982 to serve and support the development of dance in North Carolina. NCDA develops programs and services that address the changing needs of the state’s dance community. Currently NCDA offers a variety of programs and services including The Annual Event, a biannual newsletter called The Dance Voice, a statewide dance calendar, a membership directory, the annual NCDA Award, Scholarships, fiscal agent services, an email listserv, and this website.
The North Carolina Dance Alliance’s mission is to advance the art form of dance.
As the statewide service organization for dance, NCDA is fueled by its members of professional dance companies, artists, presenters, educators, students, institutions, individuals and other organizations statewide.
NCDA is grounded in the conviction that the concerns and aspirations of the dance community can be addressed effectively through active, cooperative endeavors. To advance the art form NCDA seeks to accomplish these goals:
• Speak as a united, statewide voice for the profession-advocacy
• Encourage dance professionals and the public to understand and to respect the cultural diversity of the dance art form.
• Foster a sense of pride, support and fellowship among the dance community.
• Promote more effective communication within the field with allied disciplines and professions.
• Retain and attract dance talent so that it thrives in North Carolina-industry vitality.
• Promote opportunities for education and enhanced accessibility to dance.
• Provide forums for the discussion and experimentation of significant trend and issues in dance.
• Stimulate and nurture new ideas in education, administration, and expression.
• Build appreciation and attendance of dance among the general public-audience development.
• Promote excellence and integrity in dance practice, presentation and performance.