NCDA encourages and supports regional dance activities through our Mini-grant program. Any individual or organizational member of NCDA is eligible to apply for these grants.
Pick a category:
- Technical & Production Assistance
- Community Project/Outreach Activities
- Professional Development
Apply for up to $200 to fund your dance project. The online application form includes a budget and narrative in reference to your specific category. NCDA aims to award Mini-grants to both emerging and established artists and organizations. Applicants may be awarded only one Mini-grant per year.
MINI-GRANT CONDITIONS: For Award Recipients
1. Fill out the Mini-grant Contract and return it to NCDA at your earliest convenience.
2. Any printed or electronic materials for your project will include the statement: “This project received funding from the North Carolina Dance Alliance (www.ncdancealliance.org), an organization which is supported in part by the N.C. Arts Council, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources”.
3. You will offer NCDA members a discounted admission fee to your event (if applicable). Please contact us the week of the event to receive the latest membership list.
ABOUT EVENT CANCELLATIONS
If an awarded event is canceled, notice must be given ASAP, by email to ensure the awarding of another event. If grant money has already been received, it must be returned promptly to: Awards, PO Box 10688, Raleigh, NC 27605. Please note that canceled events are still considered to be awarded events and are subject to the rule of receiving only one Mini-grant award each year.
DEADLINES for receipt of Mini-grant proposals are:
_ October 25th for events taking place from January 1 through June 30
_ April 25th for events taking place from July 1 through December 31
INCOMPLETE OR LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
HOW TO APPLY
Click the link below to access the online Mini-grant application.
If you have any questions regarding mini-grants, email us.